Best Dentist Schaumburg
Harmful bacteria on the tooth can lead to decay. Your dentist can remove the decayed portion of the tooth and fill the area. Fillings can also be used to repair cracked or broken teeth and teeth that have been worn down. Tooth-colored fillings are made out of porcelain or composite resin, which is undetectable and offers an aesthetically pleasing solution for a decayed tooth. This protects the tooth from infection and further decay.
When decay is left untreated, it can worsen, causing infection and severe pain. The infected tooth may eventually require a root canal or extraction.
The process for placing a composite resin dental filling is as follows:
- The tooth is isolated from saliva to keep it dry.
- Air abrasion is used to remove the infected part of the tooth.
- A liquid bonding agent is applied to the remaining tooth structure to help the next layer adhere to the tooth surface.
- The composite resin is placed in layers over the opening.
- A curing light is used to harden each layer of composite resin material.
- After the tooth is filled, the composite resin is shaped to resemble a real tooth.
Composite resin not only restores your teeth but also gives you a natural look.
You can decrease your risk of cavities and other dental diseases by:
▪ Brushing your teeth twice a day
▪ Flossing daily
▪ Keeping up with regular professional cleanings
▪ Avoid eating or drinking acidic or sugary foods and beverages